Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control 34401A Multimeter

Ate you sending a \r or a \n with the simple serial example? Compare it to the termination character being set with a property node on the block diagram of the initialize function. They probably don't match.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 27
(3,279 Views)

\n yes i've used it on example programm and the VISA Interactive Control

You mean the initialise function of the instrument driver?

No they don't use it. I worked on this difference at the beginning but put it aside, when an  instrument driver support engineer stated that this not necessary to change.

What do you think about it?

Is it necessary after every write?

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 27
(3,274 Views)
The initialize function in the driver does set the termination character with a property node so that you don't have to append a \n. Look at the block diagram. I'm posting from my phone and can't right now but it's probably set to append a carriage return so either change the VI our make the instrument match.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 27
(3,266 Views)

Line Feed.jpg

They use a line feed their, but shouldn't this be fine?

The Line Feed (LF) character (0x0A, \n) moves the cursor down to the next line without returning to the beginning of the line.  This character is used as a new line character in UNIX based systems (Linux, Mac OSX, etc)

Nevertheless I changed it to carriage Return to give it a try. I changed just the string but there is still the same error.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 27
(3,250 Views)
The line feed looks okay. The initialize function is using 2 stop bits. Is your example set the same?
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 27
(3,236 Views)

Yes it is.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 27
(3,230 Views)
The next step would be to turn on I/O Trace and run both the id query in MAX and then the initialize function.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 27
(3,192 Views)