Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous acquisition using Agilent U2356A and Labview

Hello Steve,

Have you noticed any problems in the re-released instrument driver?

Thanks,

NathanT

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 33
(1,364 Views)

Hello Nathan,

I haven't gotten around to trying it out yet, I've been busy with other things, but I will definitely let you know if I run across any issues.  I guess for this case you can assume no news is good news.

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 33
(1,363 Views)

Hello,

I am working on a software using Agilent U2356A.
I develop the software using LabVIEW environment (National Instrument) so I use Agilent drivers associated.
The software has to make a data acquisition at the maximum possible rate, with maximum precision, on the 64 analog inputs channels (referenced signal).
According to the data sheet, the maximum buffer size is 16384 Points (parameter "acquisition point") and the maximum acquisition rate (sampling rate) is 500 kHz / 64 so approximately 7812 Hz.
First, I run a test with the previous settings. I use a while loop to read datas continuously (Drivers' Wait for the current waveform acquisition to finish "and" Read waveform AI "in the loop) until the STOP command becomes true.
At first, everything works fine, but after several minutes, the central stop return data. I do not understand where is the problem; I tried to reduce the acquisition parameters (sampling rate and acquisition points), but the problem always appears.

I also tried to run the VI that you post Steve, and I have the same problem again.

If anyone can help me that would be nice,

Thanks a lot

Danaé 

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 33
(979 Views)