Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration not entering While Loop

Solved!
Go to solution

Greetings,

I am having and issue with my VISA Serial port not passing its information to my transmit loop but it will pass it to my receieve loop.  I have written an VI that is suppose to communicate with 5 radios(4 serial and 1 TCP)  So when this program is running I will be communicating on 5 different channels.  I know that these transmit and receive loops work because I use the same ones to communicate with each individual radio.  The first thing that I want these modules to do is indicate if they have made connection with each radio.  When I run the VI in the highlight execution mode I can see that my VISA configuartion never propgrates inside my transmit while loop.  They do however transmit into my receive loop.  Does anyone know why I can't seem to initialize my send loop?  

status.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,619 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dmarcus

I see a green wire going from your Recieve loop to your Transmit loop.  And it looks like it is for the stop condition.  You just made a data dependency!  Therefore the Transmit loop cannot run until the Recieve loop is complete.

Just use another local variable.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,604 Views)

That worked!  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,585 Views)