Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuraing an ISA AT/TNT board under Windows XP as Listen-Only or Talk-Only device.

I tried to program with a Call Library Function Node and the subVi Out Port.vi under Labview 7 the method suggested in the Application Note 061 but this does not work. It is not possible to read on the AT/TNT ISA board after having run this program using the normal GPIB read function. Any idea?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,083 Views)
Hi,

The registers used are the same, afterall, it is the same chip (TNT4882C). It doesn't matter that the AN is for DOS. The registers used are the same.

What changes is how to access the hardware. The InPort and OutPort VI should give access to the I/O Ports of the system.

Make sure you are using a right base address. To verify this, read the TNT's chip signature at offset 0x17. The return value should be 0x3C.

DiegoF
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,083 Views)
Hi Diego,

Here enclosed the VI and its screen shots I am using. The Vi reads the base address through the ibask function returning the value 2C0 as indicated in the properties of the GPIB board. Then the GPIB read function returns the error value 6. Any idea why?

Then I though it may be also possible to use the visa function in order to get the board into listener or talker mode. I attached also here the VI which provides me an error when executing it (see also the screen shot, error 1073807257 at Visa out 32).
Is there any possibility to use the VISA event enable function in order to put the board into listener or talker mode ? I saw actually the event type GPIB Talk and GPIB Listen in the VISA Enable Event function. Do you have any e
xemple using such ervent ?
Thanks for your suggestions.

Best Regards

SATT
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,084 Views)