From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer randomly crashes with physical memory dump citing ntfs.sys

I'm running Labview 6.1 on an XP machine with 256 MB ram. My VI is accessing both a GPIB instrument (via PCI-GPIB) and another instrument via a TCP connection or the serial port (depending on the program).
Randomly (about once a day) the computer crashes with a blue screen. The screen references STOP 0x24
and ntfs.sys
I've only noticed that it crashes when a VI is running, so it appears to be LabView related.

Thanks!
Craig
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,206 Views)
Hi,

Here is the description for the stop code 0x24.

It is hard to say what is causing the error. Do you have a simple VI that reproduces the error?. It would be a good idea to try the TCP/IP code and the GPIB code separately.

What NI-488.2 driver version are you using?. Are you using NI-VISA? What version?.

Have you tried running the VI in other PCs?. Whit different harddrives?. Also using Windows 2000 which can also use NTFS.

Include any information that you consider important to reproduce the error.

DiegoF
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,206 Views)
Hi!
This problem seems to have been fixed.
After many attempts at trying to find cause and effect, we decided to reload XP and start over.
It worked.

Thanks!

Craig
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,206 Views)