Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compoway/F Tutorial?

Hello,

Does anyone have a tutorial or basic examples on how to write commands with the Compoway/F method?

I tried the user manuals from Omron that give some instructions but I cannot understand them without examples.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(6,858 Views)

I'm not sure why you're asking this on a National Instruments board. Have you tried asking Omron?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(6,851 Views)

...for two reasons ...

1. I emailed Omron several times with no answer.

2. I want to write a Labview code to communicate with an Omron temperature controller and I had no luck with the Modbus or Compoway protocall 😞 Compoway seems simpler compared to Modbus but no luck in both

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(6,849 Views)

Did you look at any of the existing Omron drivers to see if they use a similar protocol?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(6,839 Views)

Did you ever find a solution to your problem with building CompoWay/F commands. 

I'm in the same predicament and Omron has not provided any assistance.

Their manual is terrible for understanding how to build commands for a temperature controller.

Thanks for any assistance,

Joel

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(6,460 Views)

Hello PokeChop,

So and so, I did manage to get some basic response, but it was going to slow & I ended up using Eurotherm controllers as they have LabVIEW drivers that you can modify.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(6,425 Views)

After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, my colleague and I finally figured out how to:

RESET

RUN

STOP

READ PV

SET SP

It was ugly, and Omron Tech support was not helpful at all.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(6,416 Views)

I agree that the Compoway/F is an overly complicated protocol, and Omron's manuals aren't very helpful, but I was able to get some helpful information from Keith Hill (ia.techsupport@omron.com).

You could try him for future information.

Brian Smith
Advanced Light Source
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(6,350 Views)

Hi PokeChop

I want to use Labview to control an Omron programmable relay (ZEN-V2 series) which was communication with compoway/f protocol.

But I can't find more information about compoway/f protocol.

And in this forums,  I find you have controled a Omron device by compoway/f protocol.

Can you give me some information about compoway/f protocol.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(6,270 Views)

I can't help with the Compway.

It took two of us to figure out how to communicate to the Omron Temp Controller,

and we ended up writing a vi to build the commands.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(6,264 Views)