Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communicator and IBIC supported?

Hi All,

First of all, apologies if you've just read this posting in the Labview General forum. I didn't spot the GPIB classification when I first posted it.
I am a newbie as far as Labview is concerned. I am beginning a distance learning course in Systems Testing and I am required to get up to speed with Communicator, IBIC and Labview or LabWindows/CVI. Can anyone tell me if Communicator and IBIC are available in the latest evaluation versions of Labview or LabWindows/CVI?
Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Nick Tipping
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,498 Views)
Hello Nick,

If by "Communicator", you mean the small window that allows you to do GPIB Reads, Writes, and Queries from within Measurement and Automation Explorer, then all of these utilities (IBIC and Communicator) are available without having LabWindows/CVI or LabVIEW. They ship with the NI-488.2 Driver and you can access them independently of NI's development software from within Measurement and Automation once you install 488.2 (the driver for all our GPIB Boards).

Hope this helps.

Scott
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 5
(3,498 Views)
Thanks Scott, that's just what I was after. Just one thing - can I download NI488.2 on it's own, or is it bundled in any of the evaluation packages? I've looked all over the WEBsite for it without success.
Best Regards,
Nick Tipping.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,498 Views)
Hey Nick. Sure, no problem. Check out www.ni.com/support/gpib/versions.htm. Choose the appropriate version based on your OS and type of interface.

Scott
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,498 Views)
Thanks Scott,

That's just what I was looking for.

Best Regards,
Nick Tipping.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,498 Views)