Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication with Omni-300 Grating Monochromator by USB port

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I'm beginner in labview, so my question will sound wierd to you. I'm trying to do program which will communicate with with Omni-300 Grating Monochromator (from Zolix company) by USB port. I have commands to communication with device. I did simple program for test with command "Hello" which I put below:

main.PNG

initialization.PNG

hello.PNG

So I send command "Hello" to monochromator and the device should return word "OK", but I haven't got anything. Only I get error code: 1073676294. I don't know what is wrong. I've tried to change CR and EOL but it didn't help. Below I put what is written in instruction about command "Hello". 

command_hello.PNG

Any suggestion what is wrong?

Any suggestion will be realy appreciated

Best,

Ernest

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,861 Views)

Dear Ernest,

the usual practise is to test the communication with device before starting with programming. For this purpose you can use the VISA Test Panel in NI MAX application. You can find more info in following KB:

Sending Hexadecimal Commands in a VISA Test Panel

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/19B075803E013125862575CF006B37F8

Also I personally have better experience to read response from device one-by-one character until you find the EOL contact. This can be done in While loop as it is shown on attached picture.

Please let me know, if you will have any further troubles.

Best Regards,

Michal 

AE CZ/SK

Message 2 of 2
(3,784 Views)