From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication problem with Ocean Optics STS Spectrometer

Hi, 

I run labview 2015 on Windows 10 and i have a communication problem with Ocean Optic STS Spectrometer.

I install usb driver : http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=A4A691E2F9B24D8EE0440021287E6A...

I follow all steps write on th "read me" html file.

But on NI MAX, i see my device as "USB0::0x2457::0x4000::S07499::RAW" but when i use Visa Control panel, i have a read error on I/O input Test. 

On example vi, visa ressource box stay empty (no usb device regognize).

Thanks by advance for your answer

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(5,065 Views)

For starters, it mentions in most of their manuals that the driver MUST be loaded prior to connecting the USB hardware to the system.  If this is not done in the correct order, the device will not be recognized properly.  You will then need to uninstall the device and edit some hidden files before reinstalling the drivers FIRST before connecting the hardware.

Next, I did not find any documents that mention the capability of this Spectrometer to communicate other than through this Oceanview software.  With these two events, it appears that they may be using a proprietary communication routine rather than standard SCPI nomenclature to communicate with the STS-VIS Spectrometer.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(5,031 Views)

Hi,

I suggest you check the driver style (RAW) math the VISA resource style(RAW or INSTL) or not?  

"USB0::0x2457::0x4000:沮丧表情07499::RAW"

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(5,000 Views)

Hi, 

sorry but i don't understand what you talk about, can you give me more precision please ? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,983 Views)

Hi, 

I do not want to open a new topic so I write here sins my problem is also connected with the Ocean Optic STS Spectrometer.

I am using labview 2014 on Windows 7. It seems that I established successful connection with the device but I measure only notice. The signal locks the same with or without light source. Nothing changes.  The device operates properly with Ocena Optics Software and I can measure the spectrum even at very low illumination. I see there is some averaging in original Ocena Optics Software, maybe I have to average to but I am not shore how to do it. If anyone has idea what could be the problem?

I install usb driver and the example from NI website:

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=A4A691E2F9B24D8EE0440021287E6A...

Thanks by advance for your answer

Hristo

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,903 Views)

Did you switch the device driver after testing with ocean optics software? As described in the readme.html.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,882 Views)

Ocean optics software is installed on different computer. There is no Ocean optics software installed on the PC I am using with LabView. Anyway I will check this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,880 Views)
Hi,
I have the same problem, how do you solve it?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,783 Views)

Unfortunately i was very busy last week and i do not have time to work on this. So the problem i not solved yet. 

I write to Ocean Optics but still no reprocess. 

I tried to do something like averaging. Just repetitively add the signal from 100 samples, but it looks the same way, just more intensive.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,779 Views)

Could you post your code such that we might be able to review it to determine where improvements might be made?

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(4,773 Views)