Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication between card APCI Relay/IN8 and Labview

Hello,
I have a card APCI-RELAY8/IN8 (PCI bus)of ARCOM and I would wish to know how to be able to communicate with it with Labview. Which is the type of connection which should be used? serian, parallel, GPIB... I do not see how to make.
I tested by MAX, that does not function.

Can you help me? And Can you not use abbreviation in your answers I'm French, thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,031 Views)
If they do not provide LabVIEW drivers, you will have to interface to whatever software drivers they do provide. This might be a dll or ActiveX component. MAX is only for NI products so your board will not show up there.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,024 Views)
I have just a driver to install the board on Windows XP, it's all. I don't have other driver or information. I join the documentation of the board.
How to communicate between this board and Labview?
Thank you for the answers
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,014 Views)
Hello,
You're right, it was necessary to call DLL (Functions pallets>> Advanced>> Call Library Function) to make function my board APCI RELAY8/IN8 and to be able to control electromagnetic valves (analogical order).

My first question is first of all to configure this DLL, how to fill the boxes:
- calling Conventions
- parameter
- type
- Run in UI Thread or Reentrant
explain me that?

My second question is then to know how to control the opening and the closing of the valves using this DLL. I sought examples in the assistance of Labview 7.1 but I found only one example with a array.

Thank you for your answers and councils.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,005 Views)
Somewhere, the vendor should have documentation on their DLL. Look for a .h file or a programming example. The vendor has to provide this if you want to use their card with any programming language.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,000 Views)
Hello
In the driver I have a file .dll and .h but I'am beginning in programming and in Labview. How to make to use them? I sought examples on NI but none was close to my subject. I am blocked
thanks
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,997 Views)
You should refer to the shipping document called "Using External Code in LabVIEW". This is accessed from Help>Search the LabVIEW Bookshelf. It looks like the section in the .h file that pertains to you is the PciRELAY8/IN8 functions. The first function (PciRELAY8_Init) would be called with the Call Library Function by first picking picking the DLL and then choosing this function. For return type, select numeric and for data type, select Unsigned 32-bit Integer (Ulong). Next, click on the Add parameter After button. Change arg1 to Device. For type, select numeric and for data type, sleect Unsigned 32-bit integer (ULong). Now when you pass the correct device number to the function, this should initialize the card.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,993 Views)