From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commands that work in MAX do not work in Labview

I am developing a driver for an instrument using a TCP/IP protocol. I test the commands that are in the instrument's manual in MAX and they work perfectly, using VISA functions. However, when I try to do this in Labview, using the same VISA functions used by MAX, it does not communicate with the instrument.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,854 Views)
Hello,

Thanks for contacting National Instruments.

There a few things that might be causing the problem you are seeing. One possibility is that your program in LabVIEW does not use the correct termination. Another possibility is described in the following Knowledgebase.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/6217D314252A51168625693F004FD873?OpenDocument

Also, if you have LabVIEW 7.0, I would also suggest trying to use the Instrument I/O Assistant to communicate with your instrument. This simplifies the communication and can hopefully help you to communicate with your instrument.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Steven B.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,854 Views)