Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code for FAST 2

Your driver capture does not show the id query being sent. Your sending of the rst command doors not show any termination character being sent. The basic function shows you sending a line feed (0x0A) after the command. There is still something wrong with the initialize function. There is a property that enables the termination character. It is set with a Boolean value. I thought it was true by default but it would not hurt to add it and retry.

Next time, please execute the id query so we can compare apples to apples.
0 Kudos
Message 61 of 91
(1,351 Views)
Your capture of the driver shows additional bytes written than what you show in the image of the initialize function. Please attach the initialize function that you are actually using.
0 Kudos
Message 62 of 91
(1,339 Views)

U r Right.There is a prob with Term Char.I am trying all possibilities but i do not see the TErm being added at the end of command.Attached Initialize.vi

0 Kudos
Message 63 of 91
(1,334 Views)
Sorry, still posting by phone and I can't look at it.
0 Kudos
Message 64 of 91
(1,307 Views)

I did not get it.Is there a no. to reach you so that we can fasten the work.

0 Kudos
Message 65 of 91
(1,303 Views)
No, I won't post my phone number. Attach an image of your block diagram.
0 Kudos
Message 66 of 91
(1,298 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 67 of 91
(1,288 Views)

You're still using the Bytes At Port value for the read. Don't. Set the terminator char instead and do a proper terminated read. 

0 Kudos
Message 68 of 91
(1,279 Views)
Please go back to what you had before with what was copied from the 34401. I don't know if the 10 you using for the term character is decimal or hex. You can change the representation with a right click and also display it. It must be hex 10 for the correct character. You should also set the read property for that character. The VISA read you have there does not do anything and should be removed.
0 Kudos
Message 69 of 91
(1,277 Views)

I have attached the Initialse of 34401.

A sub vi is used where the instrument is taken to remote mode.

As u suggested,if i have to use this initize part then how about the sub vi??

0 Kudos
Message 70 of 91
(1,267 Views)