Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacitance of crystal measurement

Hellow!
Anyone here has the experience on how to measure the capacitance of single crystal? thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,034 Views)
Use a cap bridge or an LCR meter.  Quadtech makes several models that will do this, and they have Labview drivers.  What kind of single crystal are you measuring?  There are standard settings(voltage and frequency) that should be used.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,025 Views)
Hellow!
Could you tell me the detail about "Cap bridge" and what's LCR meter? the materials we are interested in is a small quarz disk( 10mm*10mm*0.5mm). thanks! 

Message Edited by happybird on 07-05-2005 04:45 PM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,021 Views)
They are both test instruments that you connect to your crystal.  The cap bridge typically only measures capacitance and dissipation at some discrete frequencies.  An LCR meter will also measure inductance and impedance at a wider range of frequencies.  The cap bridge is less expensive, and rather common.  I have no experience with quartz crystals.  Is it only capacitance that you need to measure?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,003 Views)
yeah,i only need to measure the capacitance,BTW,do you know anything about Dual directional coupler? what does it use for? thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,002 Views)
No, I don't know what that is.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,997 Views)