From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find GPIB-32.dll

I am attempting to write my first VB6 to GPIB communication program. I am receiving the error "cannot find gpib-32.dll". The file is in the c:\windows directory, which is in the windows path. I attempted to register it directly using regsvr32 c:\windows\gpib-32.dll and I received the error "Loadlibrary failed". Currently installed is a AT-GPIB/TNT and the file ni488216.exe" I noticed that this file did not install gpib-32.dll so I pasted it into the c:\windows directory. Is there another file required? What am I doing wrong?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(11,634 Views)
I replaced the GPIB32.dll file dated 1/26/98 with one dated 7/29/99. Now I can register it, but I get the error "c:\windows\gpib-32.dll was loaded but the DLLRegisterServer entry point was not found. DLLRegisterServer may not be exorted, or a corrupt version of c:\windows\gpib-32.dll may be in memory. Consider using Pview to detect and remove it. When I attempt to run my application windows crashes, but returns after hitting enter.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(11,634 Views)
Chris,
You may need to include files that are located on our web site. I suggest you visit the Resource Library on our website to get information on using Language interfaces for GPIB. These sites include exapmle code and explain what items need to be included as well as tips for compiling, linking, and running programs. You can navigate to the site with the following path:
ni.com>>resource library>>gpib>>programming>>language interfaces...
Best Regards,
Chris D
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(11,634 Views)
Hey this might not answer your question but I'll give it a shot...if you don't have your GPIB instrument connected to the card, turned on, and ready to communicate, you get that error. It's slightly misleading, but that error is raised if GPIB can't do it's job in communicating, as well as if it isn't even there.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(11,634 Views)