From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change Modbus Master IP Address

Hi,

I'm new to the forum. I'm using LabVIEW 2013 with DSC and I'm creating a module that makes possible to the user to change the modbus IP address but without success. I'm using Create and configure IO Server as shows in the vi below.

If someone knows how to figure this out, I'll be really grateful

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,511 Views)

Hey Cesar,

I made some research here and figured out that it is not currently possible to do. It looks like even though the Express VI acknowledges the IP Address change and the Distributed System Manager shows up that IP has been changed, in the reality it doesn't communicate with the Modbus Slave. This problem will certainly solved in future versions of LabVIEW.

Please, give me more details about your application so I can suggest a workaround for you.

Thanks in advance.

Felipe Flores
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,485 Views)

Thanks for the response,

I´m currently creating a software that comunicates with a CLP, and I need the user to be able to change its IP just in case. Is there another way to change its IP ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,458 Views)

You may find some useful information in this thread. Changing the IP address of the Modbus master (created with DSC or LabVIEW RT) is not possible once you run or compile the program.

It seems that LabVIEW Modbus API can do it. It was released officially as part of LabVIEW 2014, but earlier versions should support LabVIEW 2013.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,438 Views)