Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't set acquisition record time length > 50secs using IVI driver for TDS 2000 series scope from NI

Hi,
I am using a LabWindows IVI driver for TDS 1000/2000 series tektronix scopes (downloaded from NI). The driver information is as follows(check attached file):

Instrument Driver information:
-----------------------------
Prefix: tktds1k2k
Driver Revision: 1.1
Original Release Date: 08/28/2002
Update Release Date: 01/31/2003

I am using LabWindows to program my application and the scope I have is a TDS 2014.

I know for sure from the scope specifications and by using the scope that the horizontal settings of the scope can go up to 50secs per div, hence it can acquire upto 5
0 * 10 divisions = 500 seconds worth of data.
The IVI driver on the other hand limits this to 50 secs i.e the acquisition record can't be more than 50 secs; the driver returns a bad value error.
My application needs to acquire data for longer periods of time and I know that the scope is capable of doing that.

Is it a driver problem?
If not then why does the driver limit this to 50 secs ?
Is there anyway to fix this or should I not use the IVI drivers at all?

Thanks,
Sumit
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,066 Views)
Sumit,

This may not be too much help - but I thought I'll let you know that the source code for the IVI drivers is available when you download them from the NI Website. You could change the code to suit your requirement if the driver hasn't already implemented it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,066 Views)
Sumit,

As Gopinath mentioned, the source code is included with the IVI drivers. If you take a look at the code, it looks like the driver is multiplying the time record length by 10 divisions for you (line 3533 of the code). Therefore if you want to take the 500 seconds worth of data you mentioned, then inputing 50 for the record length should produce the results you are looking for. I hope this helps.

Regards,
Craig Reynolds
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,066 Views)