Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't seem to get my working serial program to work as standalone on other computers.

I wrote a program that controls the settings on a force gage, collects data from it, and writes it to a spreadsheet. I am currently using a Chatillon DFGS100(Digital Force Gage). I just recently purchased the application builder and I have followed the tutorials for creating a standalone application. The program seems to execute perfectly in LabView 7.1 on my computer. I even run the executable and it works. When I use the installer for the program on another computer that doesnt have LabView, it wont communicate with the force gage and the size of certain objects(i.e. buttons and scroll bars) come out differently. I have installed NI-DAQ 7.1 and the LabView run-time engine for LabView 7.1 on the non-LabView computer. I am currently downloading the huge NI-DAQ 7.4 install files, but this will take a while. Attached is my program and a spreadsheet file I generated with it. Any suggestions to my program are welcome as I have had to teach myself LabView, I havent attended any classes/seminars, and I havent had anyone teach me anything outside of a few questions in this forum.

Thanks,
Jon

Message Edited by Jon on 06-24-2005 03:00 PM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,275 Views)
Why are you trying to install NI-DAQ? That driver is for NI's data acquisition boards. What you need to install VISA. When you create the application, go to the installer tab and select Create Installer and then click the Advanced button. Check the include serial support so that the installer will include a smaller version of VISA run-time with only serial support. This will not include creating the VISA alias "Com1". Include the file visaconf.ini from your development system to create the aliases on other pc's.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,267 Views)
Well, I installed NI-DAQ after the initial failure of my stand-alone just in case it was needed for some odd reason, but I built my stand-alone program as you described and it works now. Thanks very much.

Cheers,
Jon
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,242 Views)