Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get Chroma 66202 working.

Hello,

I can't get a Chroma 66202 power meter working in labview.

I installed the drivers:

probleem chroma device manager.png

Device manager tells me the device is working properly.

probleem chroma settings.png

I made the configration in MAX, also did all the IVI settings to try if this was working, but also not working yet.

probleem chroma settings 2.png

I tried to get the VI above running, but getting a session handle error. See picture.

probleem chroma code.png

See code above for working of the VI.

Tried also settings in IVI, when I run Labview Signal Express the Chroma 66202 also does not show at the hardware list?

What's going wrong? Did I make any mistake somewhere?

Thanks in advantage

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,744 Views)

Is 66202 actually what is selectable from the instrument handle pull-down? The IVI handle is NOT the same thing as the VISA alias.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,739 Views)

Can you describe more exact which handle you mean?

I don't know where to look? :manembarrassed:

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,733 Views)

The control that says Instrument Handle on your front panel.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,731 Views)

Yes, that is what is selectable in the list itself, together with com 3, com 4, com 5. But those are virtual com's to other hardware.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,729 Views)

I just noticed you have just the fetch VI open. Is the instrument handle you passed from the initialize VI or did you just open the fetch without doing the init?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,722 Views)

I didn't open the initialise VI before, I did try it a few times but don't know how to use it:

probleem chroma init.png

Hope someone can help me sort this out, this is the first time I'm using IVI hardware.

Ok sorted it out now:

I had to enter the name "66202 chroma" in the init, just like I named it in the measurement & automation explorer.

After initialising the meter is working now!

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,715 Views)

@Patrick Kerstholt wrote:

I didn't open the initialise VI before, I did try it a few times but don't know how to use it:

probleem chroma init.png

Hope someone can help me sort this out, this is the first time I'm using IVI hardware.

Ok sorted it out now:

I had to enter the name "66202 chroma" in the init, just like I named it in the measurement & automation explorer.

After initialising the meter is working now!

Thanks a lot!

That Initialize VI shows a Resource Name that is for a GPIB instrument. Yours isn't.

What does the block diagram look like?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,704 Views)

See post above, problem is fixed. If you want to see the block diagram anyway then I will search for it monday when I'm back at work.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,701 Views)

Hi,

I am facing similar problems of USB communication with chroma 66201 in win8 and win10. 

I have installed the chr Labview dll drivers, but I have not found any usb drivers and expecting that these are not needed. I have got the it working in my previous older computer in win7. Wondering if anybody has a solution for this?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,802 Views)