Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find tams usb gpib interface (agilent io suite) in max

Solved!
Go to solution

Sorry for asking again, but i think i'm doing something simple wrong. I would be very glad if you could help me setting it up. Trying every combination is quite difficult.
Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(1,937 Views)

I honestly don't know, what I could do besides of telling you to follow the instructions and maybe...

- Use a 32bit system

- Make sure that you install the IO Suite before the NI products. If you have to install NI products make sure you clean the registry and delete all NI folders

- As a last resort you could also do a fresh Windows installation. Sometimes that's easier than getting all that NI stuff of your machine

If nothing works I can only recommend to get another adapter, which is officially supported by NI.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(1,927 Views)

then i have a view question, witch operating System did you use, and maybe can u remember which version on NI max you used, not exactly. I'm going to try it in win xp probably. So i can install the IO directly. And those Adapter are not even close to affordable.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(1,923 Views)
From what I see, the $649 for an NI controller is only slightly more than the TAMS and you've already spent that in your wasted time getting the TAMS to work.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(1,921 Views)

That's way too long ago to remember, but I would assume besides of the IO suite I used the versions of my original post.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(1,916 Views)
I just noticed that TAMS is located just several miles from me. Their web site also says they are exiting the business at the end of the year. I would but something with long term support.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(1,913 Views)

Good News, got it to work. Now i have the Problem, the device is showing in NI Max and i can send command over NI Max, but cant write from Labview. Tryed allot of vi's and some own stuff. It seams that Labview is not sendig or reciving anything. But i gues that should be another thread. What did you use it for, any thing else u did ?

Thanks alot!

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(1,827 Views)

I'm sorry... as far as I can remember my issue was solved as soon as I got the interface working with MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(1,815 Views)

Jup i found the error the Labview Programmer had an Error in the IEEE 488 sequence. 

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(1,807 Views)