Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to keithley source meter through Agilent GPIB/USB interface Even though the interface shows up in MAX

Hi all,

I am trying to use labview to control a keithley 2450 source meter. I have the source meter connected to my computer through an Agilent 82357b usb/gpib interface.

The source meter shows up in MAX as My System -> Devices and Interfaces -> "GPIB1::18::INSTR". It also shows up in MAX  as

My System -> Devices and Interfaces -> Miscellaneous VISA Resources -> "GPIB1::INTFC" and "GPIB1::18::INSTR".

I can connect to the source meter using MAX's "visa interactive control". the visa resource "GPIB1::18::INSTR" also shows up in labview.

But when I try to run my labview program it is unable to connect to the instrument.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Also. Why does my GPIB/USB interface show up as a miscellaneous visa resource?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,422 Views)
Since you've chosen to use agilent instead of NI, you have s miscellaneous resource.

What do you mean by not being able to connect? What is the error message?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,415 Views)

My bad, My source meter was set to accept TSP commands but I needed to set it to accept SCPI commands for my labview Vi's to communicate with it.

But for anyone that's having issues using Agilent or other 3rd party GPIB interfaces with labview, check out this document:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/3B3626D9C1F999218625694200791AD7

This document helped me out a lot.

Thanks everyone.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,403 Views)

This post was very helpful. Thank You!!!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,279 Views)