Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't communicate with Sorensen XG series through USB

hi Dennis, it is Daniel again. 

in MAX it does show up as a new COM port, but it seems VISA has difficulty to access it.

"Error:(Hex 0xBFFF0072) The resource is valid, but VISA cannot currently access it. "

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 27
(2,060 Views)

You've mentioned two different errors. The last one you mention usually happens when you have another program, such as hyperterminal open.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 27
(2,055 Views)

hi Dennis,

"the last one" is the only error i have now. Although i can see the port (COM3) working properly in VISA Interactive window, i am still getting "The resource is valid, but VISA cannot currently access it " ...... Desperate... 

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 27
(2,050 Views)

The image you posted does not show an error. If you are actually trying to run LabVIEW at the same time, close MAX. As I said, the error occurs when you have more than one program trying to access the same port. A search of the forum for that error code would have told you the same thing.

Message 24 of 27
(2,046 Views)

Hi Dennis,

i just get the stupid COM working, after closing MAX as you said. Thank you soooooooooooooo much Heart

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 27
(2,041 Views)

I had trouble using the Ametek USB driver.  It worked for 1 power supply starting with address 1.  I had four power supplies.  I found that when I addressed all as 1 and put them on a powered USB hub they all responded.  The interface still runs slow (1284 ms).  The ethernet interface worked faster (500 ms) but was unreliable.  Also had to address all 31 for ethernet.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 27
(1,724 Views)

Hi Wire, 

I would like to recommend you to create another thread explaining this issue, because this one have been inactive for almost three years. This way you will probably be receiving more answers and suggestions from our team

Regards,

Jonathan Rodriguez

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 27
(1,677 Views)