Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can an old PCI data aquisation card be operated with an adapter to PCI express

Are there any problems to operate an old PCI data aquisation card with an adapter to PCI express ? Where can I find more information about this topic or is just plug and play and it will work ? In the new computer we have only one PCI slot, but two PCI data aquisation cards...

Thanks for help.

Cheers, Matthias

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,458 Views)

Which PCI boards?  There are several that have PCIe equivalents now.  That would probably be the safer way to go.

I have never used a PCI-PCIe adapter, but I've heard some horror stories about it not playing nicely.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,454 Views)

Thanks ! But it sounds not so good.

It is PCI-6221, PCI-6010, PCI-6251, PCI-6602 and IMAQ PCI-1422.

Actually I will try to find a solution that we do not have to replace the existing boards. Maybe there are still some industrial computers on the market with more PCI connectors...

BR Matthias

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,407 Views)

@MJ77 wrote:

Actually I will try to find a solution that we do not have to replace the existing boards. Maybe there are still some industrial computers on the market with more PCI connectors...

There are still some out there with ISA slots.   I don't remember where I found them (it was a few years ago).  But there still be plenty of mother boards out there with PCI.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,399 Views)