Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can DAQ 6025E Interface with a digital multimeter?

Is it possible to find the RPM of a DC motor only with a labview program? I believe a tachometer is necessarry to find the RPM.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(2,044 Views)
I have a tachometer that cannot be interfaced with a PC. Can I take the tachometer reading and manually INPUT in the PANEL diagram WHILE the labview program is in run mode. I need to enter the tachometer reading every MINUTE while the pogram is in the RUN mode. Is it possible?
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(2,038 Views)
It's possible if you're willing to type in a value every minute or depend on someone else to do it. How does the tach interface to the motor?
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(2,032 Views)
A strip is placed on the rotating wheel attached to the motor spindle. A light is shone from a hand-held tachometer to the rotating wheel. As the light is reflected back the tachometer measures the RPM. The button of the tachometer needs to be pressed to get the current reading. The reading is then entered in the front PANEL if possible. Can this be done? Should it intefere with the labview program in the RUN mode?
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(2,022 Views)
You can enter anything you want into a front panel. The program would have to wait for an input from an operator. Since it seems you're struggling a lot with LabVIEW and the hardware, I would recomend you keep it simple and use the Express VI called Prompt User for Input. Define an Input as RPM and have the Input Data Type as Numeric. Put this in your program were you need it. When the operator enters a value into the dialog box and clicks the OK button, it will return the entered value. The only interference is that whatever code you have running in the same loop as the Prompt User will be paused while it is waiting for input.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(2,014 Views)
Is the Express VI called Prompt User for Input found in Labview 6.0? If so where?
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(2,005 Views)
No, it was introduced with version 7.0. You'll have to create your own. There are are shipping examples of pop-up dialogs that do the same thing in 6.0.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(2,001 Views)
Can you give an EXAMPLE.VI in LV6.0 regarding waiting for INPUT while PAUSING. It might help me.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,977 Views)