Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in Agilent 5462xa IVI driver

I'm trying to use the IVI driver for the DSO Agilent 54621A. It seems that there is a bug in this driver. When I use the read waveform function then the DSO responds with "Query UNTERMINATED" and it takes more than 15 seconds until i get the waveform array (500 points) for one channel and that is much to long. With the plug and play driver it takes less than a second. Is this a known problem and is there a solution?

BR,
Tischi
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,315 Views)
Tischi,

Thank you for reporting the problem. This is not a known problem so we will investigate it and let you know if we find any issues in the driver.

Best Regards,

Vesna Jadric
Instrument Drivers/IVI
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,315 Views)
Hi Tischi,

We have made a slight update in the driver so I am sending you the updated files. Since we do not have this instrument available in house, we haven't had a chance to test the changes. Could you please test them for us and let us know whether we have fixed the problem you were seeing or not.

Thanks!
Vesna
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,315 Views)
Hello Vesna

Thank you for your efforts. I have tried out the new driver and now it works quite ok. The DSO answers still with a "Query unterminated" but without or only a small delay.

BR,
Simon
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,315 Views)
Hi Vesna

I have had a look at the source code. I have found in the modification history that phase and delay measurements are added at 2002-9-03 but I can't use them because I can't find this functions in the TestStand IVI step. Our DSO firmware revision is A.02.20.

BR,
Simon
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,315 Views)
Hi Simon,

Could you please send me the exact sequence of calls including the parameter values you are sending to the instrument? You can probably run the NI-Spy and send me the spy output.

Thanks!
Vesna
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,315 Views)
Hi Vesna

Here is the output.

BR,
Simon
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,315 Views)
Simon,

Please try to use the updated DLL (see below) and let me know if it fixes the problem.

Thanks a lot!
Vesna
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,315 Views)
Hi Vesna

Your new driver doesn't work. I receive a timeout when I try to read the waveform. The older one was better.
I am away for the next two weeks so I can't try out new drivers at this time.
I have attached the NI-Spy logs. Maybe they can help you.

BR,
Simon
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,315 Views)