Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSOD connecting GPIB-USB-HS+ (gpibusAnalyzerDriver.sys)

Hello,

The problem i'm facing at the moment is that whenever I connect the GPIB-USB-HS+ to my laptop, windows will try to install the driver and than a BSOD appears. It doens't matter which USB port or how often you connect it, it will crash all the time.

Then I ran the NI updater, it found some updates (also for NI-488.2) and installed the updates. But this didn't fixed the problem. The problem is also reproducable on other laptops (not only HP but also on dell laptops). Also if we replace the GPIB-USB-HS+ with another one, the problem occures.

The BSOD lists under techniscal information the gpibusAnalyzerDriver.sys.

On this laptop windows 7 64 bit is installed.

Attached is a picture that shows the software overview from the Measurement & Automation explorer, to indicate the software versions.

Another picture is attached that shows the BSOD.

Finally the minidump file is attached.

I would like some help to resolve this problem.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(6,013 Views)

Can you use the msinfo32 to dump your system information?

check the procedure

http://plugable.com/support/tools/msinfo32

Maybe there have some special device which will cause this symptom.

You can use below tool to disable any device on the device manager. Or just try to disable any device which may conflict with your GPIB-USB-HS+ on the device manager in control panel.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/zh-tw/library/windows/hardware/ff544707(v=vs.85).aspx

Does your notebook is an Intel Core i7 processoer, too?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,988 Views)

Hello,

Yes I can, hereby the msinfo32 dump file, but without the GPIB-USB-HS+ attached, since that will cause a BSOD.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,983 Views)

try to disable 

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C3D&SUBSYS_1909103C&REV_04\3&E89B380&0&B3

win+r CMD

type

devcon disable "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C3D&SUBSYS_1909103C&REV_04"

Then plug the GPIB-USB-HS+

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,980 Views)

Hello,

Disabling the the Intel(r) Active Management TEchnology - SOL (COM3) did not solve the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,971 Views)
Hi,

If it does not conflict with GPIB-USB-HS+, then enable it.

Try the other devices which is in your device manager list.

Good luck!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,959 Views)

No luck so far. Something that temporarely helped was installing visa 14 over visa 15. (just let the installer run) After that it worked for one day. The next day it gave me BSOD's again. Running the cd again didn't work. Running version 14 on itself also doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,886 Views)

Hi Gort,

Do you need to use the analyzer functionality? If not, we can try to disable the "GPIB-USB-HS+ Analyzer" interface in Windows Device Manager. Granted this may be imposible if the blue screen occurs immidiately upon plug in.

Jeff L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,802 Views)

Hello,

That is impossible to do. The driver is not visible in the device manager until the driver has been installed. But as soon as it is installed, it directly gives the BSOD. Even before it is visible in the device manager.

With kind regards,

Gort.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,780 Views)

Hi Gort,

Open a support ticket and reference this forum post. Our applicaitons engineers can work with you and I to try a few more possible fixes.

Jeff L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,775 Views)