Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assistant I/O is not working with new version, not normal failure, please read.

Hi,

Im trying many days to find a solution for this problem. I made a programm for steering a steppmotor. Everything works great. I made the software with Labview 8.5 and Visa 4.2.

Now I installed labview 2009 and the newest Visa version, I removed the old one first. I tried the software and it works normal. But If I open the visa assistant I/O user interface to change some properties, than it will not work after safing. Even if I open the assistant I/O userface and safe it without changing, it will still not work .

I removed all the assistant I/O and made it new but it does not work. Any ideas ??

Thank you !!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,030 Views)

Hi,

I would have to know which exact device you use.

Smiley Very Happy

Marko

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,015 Views)
Im using a microcontroller from Nanotec (smci12) and its communication cable rs485 to USB adapter. I installed Visa Version 4.60 and it works. But it seems that there are still some errors, sometimes it sends no commands or just slowely...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,010 Views)

Hi Dimasq,

I need a example VI or the Project.

Witch errors occurred, please describe or post a screenshot.

Are you using an application? If so, please pay attention to set the checkbox in your application builder---> Advanced--- Use Labview8.x file layout.

I need more information about the vi and the environment.

Best regards

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,991 Views)

Hi , sorry for the delay. Ok I can show you the VI .

Labview Version: 2009

No error occurs, it is just not working with the newest version. Now Im using 4.60.

Best regards !

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,974 Views)

Hi Dimasq,

Thanks for your VI, are you sure that the VISA and NI-488.02 driver are correctly installed?

Please look at thease links and if it not works try to install all NI-Device Drivers.

How Can I Fix an "Instrument I/O Assistant Not Installed Properly" Error?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/DC808866AF7D5C0986256FCE006E9BAB

NI Device Drivers 2011.02 - Windows

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2302/lang/de

Hope it helps,

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,966 Views)