From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arduino mega bluesmirf

I'm trying to send data to my computer from my arduino Mega 2560 using a bluesmirf bluetooth device. I've uploaded the appropriate firmware for the arduino itself, and when I tried to test it with a USB connection instead of a bluetooth connection, it worked perfectly fine. However, when I try to read data from the arduino using the bluesmirf, it gives me the error code 5002. My program is included below:

labviewdiagram.jpg

I have tried with a baud rate of both 9600 and 115200, set the connection type to bluesmirf, and board to Mega 2560. I have the program finding a COM port using the VISA find resource vi and select the correct port. I then have it initialize a connection and then take an analog reading of pin A0. When it gets to this point, it throws up the error message 5002. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,199 Views)

Hello Cmanget,

Regarding this kind of applications there are several resources onlne to understand and fix this kind of issues. Upon a simple search on the error code there are several similar cases documented, and even the following knowledge based article that explains how to fix this.

Please review it carefully and thoroughly for solving your issue and address the matter properly:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/15AE7F234C5B966886257884006DF1CD

Regards,

David M. 

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,171 Views)