From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application built with App Builder does not work on any computer.

I built a GPIB/VISA application that runs in the Labview programming environment but when I build it into an executable it does not control the instrument. The program runs with no errors but the instrument does not change ranges or frequencies. I have tried on both the development computer and a syandalone run time computer. Do I have something wrong with my App. Builder? How can I find out what is going on in the background without the Labview programming environment running?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,984 Views)
Hey Kent,

The first thing I would do is open up Measurement and Automation explorer on the target machines. While you have MAX open make sure the NI-488.2 driver is installed and the VISA run-time engine is installed. These are two requirements for the application and they will not install with application builder. If you don't have MAX then you probably don't have 488.2 or VISA.

Verify that you can communicate with the instrument and send simple commands like "*IDN?". If this works you might want to open up NI-SPY and see what commands are being sent and received.

I hope this helps out.

JoshuaP
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,983 Views)