Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent PXA IQ-Analyzer mode

Is there an instrument driver ( for CVI) which supports the PXAs IQ-Analyzer (Basic)  mode ?

A first check on IDN shows the agmxa driver which uses the SA Mode and some PNP driver projects for modes other than IQ-Analyzer.

Agilents AgXSAn IVI-driver doesn't seem to support IQ-Analyzer (Basic)  mode either.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,388 Views)

I have always found the Agilent Spectrum Analyzer drivers deficient. They have never supported the Special Measurement Modes completely or well. I have tried to submit fixes to the drivers and have always been ignored. They clearly need some work to make them more complete and problem free. They PSA/ESA driver is a prime example some VI's have commands that override other commands not properly grouped together in the same VI. They inappropiately merge the 2 driver together and crippled the PSA portion of the driver. These 2 instruments are NOT that compatible.

Who writes these lousy drivers and why do they not take inputs to make them better? That's what I would like to know. I have even taken the cause up the NI and Agilent division managers, who were no help to resolve the feedback to drivers issue. I suggest writing the fixes yourself or hire a consultant like myself to do the work for you. I am always having to fix major deficiencies to Agilent VISA drivers.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,385 Views)

Hello,

We currently do not have support for the IQ-Analyzer (Basic) mode, however, we will research the development effort involved.  

Currently we are without an instrument for testing purposes.  Would you be interested in helping test our driver in time?  

Also, we have not yet had feedback on these drivers through the feedback section at the bottom of each driver download page, but we appreciate all suggestions.  Feel free to comment there in the future or write us directly at instrument.drivers@ni.com so we may better accommodate each request.

Screenshot of Driver Feedback Section

Feedback.png

Regards,

Shawn S. | NIC
Instrument Driver/IVI PSE
National Instruments
Message 3 of 3
(4,332 Views)