NI Home > Community > NI Discussion Forums

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
ap8888
0 Kudos

Re: Agilent OSA Data Acquisition - Where to begin?

[ Edited ]
I've modified the XFER example to fit into a state machine. Unfortunately I can't test it out on my machine at the moment, so I have to rely on debugging it without the instrument.

Please give me some feedback on this file that I've made. I'm sure there's a lot of mistakes, but nonetheless I feel like I've come a long way with your help.

Thanks,
Alex

ps. By the way, how come we didn't use a VISA OPEN function in New Trace XFER? We just used a VISA IN control wired directly to a Write, and it worked!

Message Edited by ap8888 on 07-04-2008 10:36 AM
ap8888
0 Kudos

Hi Troy.

If you don't reply to this message, it will be the last time I'll be posting on this thread (not to sound threatening; I just don't want to flood the thread if there's no activity).

I've received some help from other members on NI on modifying the file that I posted above. I think it looks pretty good and when I get the instrument I'll give it a try.

I'm sure I'll need future help and it seems to me that you're quite experienced in this field. Would it be possible for me to get your e-mail address such that I can contact you personally if I need any help in the future? My e-mail is alex.gm@gmail.com if you want to send me your e-mail address personally.

Thank you like always,
Alex
swarishs@gmail.com
0 Kudos

Hello

Can anyone upload the labview library/driver for Agilent 86142B? Its now missing in the driver section..

regards

swari

MilanR
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi Swari,

It looks like the link on ni.com/idnet has changed, but the Agilent website does appear to have the driver for the Agilent 86142B High Performance Optical Spectrum Analyzer.

Milan
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
ni.com/support
swarishs@gmail.com
0 Kudos

Hi Milan,

Thanks for the tip...

It worked from the agilent site..

regards

swari