Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent E3663A VI for constant current mode

Does anyone have the application VI for setting up the constant current mode for Agilent E363X Series Power Supply since I have to set the power supply to run in the constant current mode?

I would be most grateful if you could present me the VI's at your earliest convenience.

Thanks a lot,

James Ouyang

email: xiaohong_ouyang@arxtron.com

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,808 Views)

It looks like these power supplies (like every other power supply I have ran into) only go into a constant current mode when the current limit is hit.  For instance, if you try to drive 10V into a 10 Ohm resistor with a current limit of 500mA, the supply will go into constant current mode and only supply the 500mA (which comes out to 5V).

If you need something to truely regulate based on current instead of voltage, you really want a Source Meter, like a Keithley 2400 series.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,806 Views)

Thanks a lot for your valuable information.

Howver, if the current does not reach the limit, it will change with the load.

I am just wondering if there are any VI's which could set up the power supply in constant current mode, as the user manual describes how to set up manually or by programming.

Any suggestion and advice are highly appreciatedf.

Best regards,

James

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,803 Views)

Just set the voltage to be really high and let the current limit be reached.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,800 Views)

Good Morning Knight of NI,

Thank you so much for your instruction to set up the current limit. It really works.

Could you tell me if you have the VI to set up the power supply in the constant current mode as described in the user's manual?

Your help and attention are greatly appreciated.

James4711

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,782 Views)

Good Morning Knight of NI,

Could you tell me how I can integrate both Power Supply E3663A VI and DMM 34450 VI into a single VI and run it with power supply set up first then using DMM to measure Voltage?

Thanks a lot,

James4711

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,781 Views)

I highly recommend you look into the State Machine architecture.  With well defined states, this is super simple.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,777 Views)

Hi Knight of NI,

Since I am a beginner to use Labview, I am trying in the power supply VI to insert DMM VI but let it run independently. Is that OK? Or you could give better idea.

Thanks a lot,

James

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,774 Views)

Hi Knight of NI,

I created a blank Main VI but do not know how to insert the power supply vi and dmm vi in the main. Could you please tell me how to do that?

Thanks a lot,

James

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,772 Views)

It would be easier on all of us if you just took some of the tutorials.
6 Hour Introduction
LabVEW Basics
Self Paced training for students
Self Paced training beginner to advanced, SSP Required
LabVIEW Wiki on Training
Learning NI
Getting Started with NI Products

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,766 Views)