From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent DSO5054 timestamp problem

Hello everyone!

I'm using Agilent DSO5054 oscilloscope with LV to measure voltage. I've downloaded the appropriate driver for it, called ag6000a. My computer is connected to the scope trough LAN cable. There is an example VI in the driver, called Acquire Continuous Waveform.vi. Here is my problem, when the LV reads out the waveform from the oscilloscope it should read out the actual start time in a timestamp on every measurement, but it always reads the same timestamp, which is 1904.1.1 00:59:59. I checked the VISA read.vi always reads the same constant value from the oscilloscope. I checked the date and time in the options of the oscilloscope and there the time is at the correct value.

How could I fix this problem?

Thanks for the help

Dénes

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,674 Views)

I also checked the VISA read.vi。It only gets the xorigin as the waveform t0. So the vi didn`t gets the starttime of ag6000a. So, you need to program the VI to get the starttime of the measurment. You can download the programer`s guide to know more.

Here is the grogrammer`s guide which I found on the web(not include 5054). may be help u.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,631 Views)
I don't believe it should be returning a timestamp. The scope reports the x0 and this should be zero. Because the waveform data type is used, you see the LabVIEW zero time of 1904. I think it's a mistake to use a waveform and they should have stuck with the original cluster which has x0, dx, and the y data array. On the scope's front panel, you don't see a timestamp on the x axis, do you?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,626 Views)

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,576 Views)

I don't see timestamp on the x axis.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,575 Views)