Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent 4263B

Solved!
Go to solution

Good day. I am a newbee in the truest sense of the word. I read the quick guide to this site however, I am not sure I am in the correct location for this very basic question. I am trying establish communications with an Agilent 4263B LCR Meter and have LabVIEW 2014. I am using a PROLOGIX GPIB-USB controller and supposedly someone already had this computer and this LCR Meter talking, a while ago. I have the LabVIEW Core 1 training manuals from someone that went through the class. Unfortunately, they are not available to help me. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be awesome. Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,978 Views)
The prologix is not a true GPIB controller such as the more professional devices from NI, Agilent/Keysight, Keithley, etc. You cannot use the available instrument driver unmodified but instead treat the connection as a serial to GPIB converter per the instructions and examples on the prologix website. See that. Also try searching this board for prologix.
Message 2 of 4
(4,966 Views)

Thank you. I just tried that and get this "VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF001D) The specified attribute is not defined or supported by the referenced resource.". I placed an order for NI simulator (183913C-01 Rev 1 (A4)). I probably should have asked what you would have recommended before placing the order. Do you know how I would know if someone had successfully connectected this way before? I am told it was but................

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,959 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ceilingwalker
What resource name are you using? Did you select it from the drop-down menu?

I would have no idea about the combination of the instrument and prologix. In theory, you should be able to connect with it but I have never used the prologix and hopefully, never will have to try.
Message 4 of 4
(4,954 Views)