Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent 33521A control VI

Hi, 

I am a newbie to labview and currently struggling to in writing VI for controlling Agilent 33521A function generator. 

Basically, I would like to control the function generator and receive its output from the oscilloscope. 

I have attached the image of my current VI which contains the SCPI code for controlling outputs from the function generator. 

However, I would like to give specific frequency of the output for given time and other frequency (same waveform with different F) after some fixed time. 

Thus, I want a frequency stored (like "a=frequency") and  an user control knob or a box in the front panel for this frequency user input. And possibly use this stored value to somewhere else; like calculating time division at oscilloscope capture. 

I am sorry if this is not clear enough. Any advise would be a great help. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,304 Views)

You just need make another loop for controlling your function generator.  As long as you know the commands, just build them up and send whenever you need to.  I would also recommend looking for a driver and use that instead of building the SCPI commands yourself (see here).  It makes life a little easier.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,286 Views)
Thanks for the post. I will try few things.
And for the drivers, I initially started with those but somehow gets strange errors every time i excute the program so I just built that instead.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,270 Views)