Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent 33250a -- How to generate 3 different waveform pulses within one program

I'm having the exact same problem at the moment except I have an Agilent 33210A
This Error

Error -1074000000

Agilent 33XXX Series.lvlib:Error Query.vi<ERR>

Instrument reports:
-221,"Settings conflict; amplitude changed due to offset"
+0,"No error"

The error seems to originate from the Error Query VI, (more precisely, the Visa Read) called by the Configure Standard Waveform VI from the value entered in the main VI "test Waveform generator". The first 2 VIs are from Agilent driver 2012. The last one is the one I'm working on, you will see I made an half assed attempt at limiting the value of the Sine and Square wave at 20E+6, the Ramp at 100E+3 and the Pulse at 4995 (the maximum being reported at 5000 but it also caused an error).

This method works when I specify the type of waveform I want to use at 0Hz and then scale it up, it will limit the command sent to the WF generator as to avoid the error.
But if I go from ramp to pulse with a value higher than 4995, it seems to still take my command and max it at 4995 as wanted, but I get the first error anyway and the whole VI becomes unresponsive until I stop it,  reinitialize the values and restart it.
On the other hand, if I go from Sine to ramp with a value higher than Ramp's limit, it doesn't mind.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,612 Views)

Is the Error being thrown from the VISA Read VI or is the VISA Read VI reading an error from the Agilent device?

-Bear

Regards,

Ben Johnson
ʕง•ᴥ•ʔง
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,576 Views)

It's being read by the VISA read.

As far as I can figure it out, the instrument, in this particular case seems to receive the signal to change the waveform at the same time as changing the value, it sends back an error because the value is too high but at the same time changes it. It only does so for the pulse setting at the moment.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,568 Views)

Is the code you posted examples or code you have written?

-Bear

Regards,

Ben Johnson
ʕง•ᴥ•ʔง
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,546 Views)

The one I posted is a VI made by some previous obscure intern and I was tasked with making sure everything will work as smooth as possible before I implement it in a larger project. Given my rookieness, I'm not sure if some of his decisions have a solid reason to be that I can't foresee or if he was just doing random stuff. Such as using timed sequences.

The Main VI that is, named test Waveform Generator.

The other two are VIs made by Agilent (now Keysight).

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,543 Views)