Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent 1100 syntax error

Or unheck the option 'use localized decmal point' in LabVIEW

greetings from the Netherlands
Message 11 of 28
(2,617 Views)

Thank you both very much for your replies!  Unfortunately, I'm still getting the error.  Below are my current regional settings.  I also tried unchecking the "ignore local decimal" setting in LabView options (and restarting LabView), but I'm still getting the error.

new regional settings.jpg

If it helps, here is the error I'm getting from the "Configure Pump" VI in LabView:

Error.jpg

Once again, thanks in advance for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 28
(2,600 Views)
That is not at all the same error as this thread discusses. What sort of connection do you have to the instrument? Can you communicate in MAX?
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 28
(2,592 Views)

It seems to be the same error that was fixed by changing the decimals where the timeout is coming from the Configure Pump VI.  All the other included VI's with this driver work just fine.  I can initialize and turn on the pump, but I just can't configure it.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 28
(2,582 Views)

Two completely different error codes and messages. How do you figure that it's the same error?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 28
(2,573 Views)

If I change the regional settings back to commas, it will give me the other error code.  Would that be more helpful?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 28
(2,557 Views)
It means you fixed the first problem and now have a second.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 28
(2,543 Views)

I would love to talk with someone that has gotten these pumps to work on labview. I am looking to purchase a few 1100 series pumps but would like to get some questions answered first. 

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 28
(2,492 Views)

have you looked through http://kau.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:576273/FULLTEXT01.pdf here they constructed an HPLC with the ag1100 driver.

They shared their developments, but the links they provided are unfortunately not available anymore. I will therefore share them here.

password is: OnlineHPLCexjobb

when you acquire the pumps, i will suggest that you opt for the permanent ip configuration, then you do not need the "bootstrap" that is described in the driver documentation. 

otherwise it should be rather straight forward.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 28
(2,477 Views)

Hi there!

I got them to work, it is my paper and my files that are linked by Rolri just above this message. Unfortunately it was a couple of years ago so I don't really remember all details but I will try my best to answer any questions you may have. The paper itself might not be of much use to you since it is motsly focused on other stuff than LabView programming, but download the files and try to make some sense of them. They are quite messy and there are probably much better ways of doing things, but they did the job for me 🙂

Rolri: Thanks for uploading the files here since my original hosting seems to have died 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 28
(2,465 Views)