Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After a power outage, the GPIB interface could not be found

Hi all,

I come here for some advices about how to get my GPIB interface to work again.  I just bought the GPIB card including cable and driver software from NI several months ago.  It has been working fine until last week.  After a power outage, the laptop I am using could no more find the GPIB interface.  Since the PCMCIA GPIB card is a plug and play device, I just plugged the card and then the computer found the interface.  Now it could not be found anymore.  What should I do?  Should I uninstall the driver and re-install it again?  Or should I run any program to get the interface recovered?  Please help if you know how to solve the problem.

Thanks a lot!

Pei
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,811 Views)
Pei,

There are several things that you should try to get your interface recognized again.  First, I check to see if the device is being recognized in the Device Manager.  If you cannot find the device there, it may be that it has been prematurely stopped.  I would then recommend shutting down the computer, and removing the PCMCIA card.  Once it has been removed reboot the computer so that it can recognize that the slot is empty.  I would then try to shut down the computer and reinsert the card and restart once again.  Once you do this you should be able to recognize the card in Measurement and Automation Explorer.  If not this would be a good time to try to reinstall the drivers.  You might also try to install the card on a different laptop to make sure that you are able to recognize the card in general.  Hope this helps!

Andy F.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,794 Views)