From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ActiveX control of a Horiba Jobin Yvon spectrometer iHR320 with Synapse CCD

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Erik,

Could you share how you control  iHR320 spectrometeter?

Thanks,

Petro

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 36
(5,262 Views)

Here are the VI's from Horiba's website (2009 version) for USB controlled monochromators (iHR320, iHR550 & more).  Note that these require first installing either SynerJY or the "USB Spectrometer Utilities".  Either of these install the DLLs that are utilized in the LabVIEW vis.  Also of note is that these were designed for windows 2000,XP.  If you are running a 64-bit operating system you may encounter problems detecting the monochromator due to a different registry path.

I've noticed that the initialization vi, as written, sometimes fails to utilize the correct device name on my computer (Mono1 for my system) so I ended up making it a constant for my system (something to consider).

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 36
(5,255 Views)

Thanks a lot,

I have USB spectrometer utilites on CD, and it is installed. But I cannot see JY .. library listed in OLE explorer. I will give it better look tomorrow. I also hope it will work with labview 2012.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 36
(5,250 Views)

This is a very old thread, but since I am trying to use exactly this spectrometer with LabVIEW I would like to ask why I don't see the VISA (or whatever) calls in the VI hierarchy view of this package. I would like to determine exactly which calls are made to the Horiba driver.

Thanks in advance,

Luis

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 36
(4,985 Views)

Hi Luis,

It's indeed a while ago.

We never use the setup so it's all a bit rusty.

There is no standard visa driver. You need the standard software to control the spectrometer.

With ActiveX you will be able to do the programming. (There are some demo files)

We use the labspec software which came with the setup.

So first step.

Is you device running with the supplied software and which software do you use?

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 36
(4,978 Views)

Hi, thanks for the quick answer!

We have been using the standard Horiba SW, JYUSBMonoConfig. We have also downloaded the Horiba VIs:

USBMonosNew With ShutterVIs LV2009 SP1_WinXP

, albeit in a different computer as we don't want to disrupt the production environment. I was in the process of analyzing those VIs.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 36
(4,975 Views)

OK, now I see the DLL calls. Since they are not installed in the development environment, I get an "Invalid method for this class". I guess that's the reason. However, I am seeing the classes in the DLLs (things like IJYMonoReqd) which is what I wanted.

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 36
(4,929 Views)

Hi, 

This is krishna, I'm using a iHR320 spectrometer with synapse CCD. from labview drivers I'm using a read detect uniq_id.vi its not detecting any device. Also using synerJY software to controll the CCD+spectrometer  its also not communicating I have noticed this issue recently with SynerJY software previously it was working but suddenly its not working now.

I have tried with other VIs also from global and user_lib provided by HORIBA. No VI is detecting my devices (connected through USB). I'm Using win7 64bit OS.

Can anyone help me in this. it would be a great help.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 36
(3,997 Views)

Hi Krishna, 

The National Instruments Customer Care Team has received your inquiry. I would like to forward it to our Application Engineer Team. Would you be so kind and resubmit your request and send it to the info.belgium@ni.com email address please so we can raise a service request for you? Would you include your contact information as well please? Thank you in advance! 

Kind regards, 

Monika

M. Monika Feher
NIE Customer Care CSR

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 36
(3,981 Views)

I have connected CCD (synapse) and Spectrometer (IHR320) to Labview. Now the drivers from Horiba (User.Lib) like spectral mode CCD VI is working. we could see the Noise spectrum.

But,

We are unable to get the required wavelength from CCD. we have tried with 600 nm source light and with white light. But still CCD showing noise in spectralmode.vi programme.  

Can anyone know how to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 36
(3,784 Views)