Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AGILENT 33120A burst-mode problem

Hi,

I'm using an Agilent 33120A function generator and a recent downloaded LabVIEW driver. The communication method is via GPIB. My problem is that I can control the instrument using the driver but the SYNC output of the instrument gives an incorrect output i.e. when using the instrument in BURST-MODE, the SYNC TTL output duration is not equal to the burst-length e.g. if the burst length is say 3 cycles (sine wave), then the SYNC TTL output pulse should be the same length. The SYNC pulse I observe is a train of pulses that include the correct length. I have tested another 33120A to give the same problem. Both units work fine in BURST-MODE as stand-alone instruments.
Has anyone encountered this problem?
Thanx.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,923 Views)
Hi Merrick,

I don't have the 33120A to test your problem with, but I do have a couple of suggestions:

1) Is it possible that one of the configuration vi's is being called in a loop? If the pulse train is the same length as expected for the pulse length, then it sounds like the SYNC TTL output is being set and reset, possibly from calling it in a loop.

2) Make sure that a clock is not selected as a source for the TTL pulse.

If you are still having issues, please post a screenshot of your vi and maybe we can find the source of the error.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,911 Views)