Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADC communiction with UART to Labview

Solved!
Go to solution
But It sets of 512 numbers. Not just 512 numbers. I am sampling the voltage from the wall through a transformer and I'm just trying to replicate the sine wave from that ac signal. So for as long as the adc is reading the signal it will be running.
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 47
(2,764 Views)

@muscles05 wrote:
But It sets of 512 numbers. Not just 512 numbers. I am sampling the voltage from the wall through a transformer and I'm just trying to replicate the sine wave from that ac signal. So for as long as the adc is reading the signal it will be running.

That is why we do the reading in a loop.  For viewing the data, use a chart.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 47
(2,752 Views)

i did that and i not getting the sine wave im hoping for. You can see in the image attached and my code. Not to sure what else i need to do to plot data correctly.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 43 of 47
(2,736 Views)

Your graph only has 3 samples in it.  That points to something being wrong in the read data.  Do you have a capture of that?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 47
(2,710 Views)

Hey buddy, well i took out the dollar sign, and now having the spreadsheet function just find the comma and parse the data. I seemed to have better luck without the dollar sign. The data seems to plott but i ran into a error where there is a range 0-2^24 where the upper half is the negative number and the bottom half is postive. But i found a quick fix that i tested outside of labview with numbers, so if i take each element and ask if it is greater than 2^23 than subtract 2^24 else do nothing. That worked by bringing the top and bottom halfs together and inverse for correct plotting. I tried to do that but i dont know how to compare with greater function since only returns boolen true,false. Please take a look at my graph of data, and block

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 47
(2,701 Views)
That's just gibberish. You've thrown together something random.
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 47
(2,679 Views)

haha obvously not i got it cause i change my micro code again. I dont appreciate the negativity. But anyways i ended of finally getting this got the sine wave check it out.

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 47
(2,674 Views)