From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A general question about Recalling Calibration

Hi

I have made a program in LabVIEW that sweeps the VNA for a defined no. of sweeps and collects the data on VNA harddrive.
In each sweep I need to recall calibration(stored on VNA harddrive) before triggering the sweep.

My query is:

When we have to recall calibration what parametes(data sets)do we need to RECALL.Is it just the "cal data" ,or one has to recall the "cal kit data" too along with the "cal data"

Hints.
I am using the R&S VNA ZVC and its LabVIEW Instrument driver and using its SAVE/RECALL.vi with SELECT ITEM.vi, I can recall Hardware settings,cal data,cal kit data,lines,macros,general setup, measurements data,color setup.

SAVE/RECALL vi function-- Stores instrument settings such as instrument configuration,measurement/display settings,calibration parameters,measurement result from working memory to permanent storage media or to load stored data into working memory.
SELECT ITEM vi function-- Selects data sets(Hardware settings,cal data...all mentioned above) which are to be stored or recalled.

What data sets from above do I need to recall...just the "cal data" or the "cal kit data" too with it, or if and any other parameters too from above data sets?

Thanks
Asim
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,894 Views)