From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9870 Problem With Remote Panel Server

Well...I got around to trying this today and it did not fix the 9870 problem. It still does not work when in the Hybrid mode. Am I the only one who is having problems with this module when trying to use it when not in scan mode???

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(2,362 Views)

Steve, what versions of RIO, VISA, and FPGA module are you using? Do you have the FPGA bitfile set to "Autoload on device powerup" or "Autoload on device reboot"?

Daniel C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(2,345 Views)

RIO - 4.1

VISA - 5.1

FPGA - Max does not show a software version for the FPGA

I chose the "Autoload on device powerup". If it should be the other (Autoload on device reboot), why would it matter as the system does a reboot on every power up?

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(2,340 Views)

Hmm, sounds like your settings are ok. Are you opening any FPGA VI references in the RT program? If so, are you referencing the vi or the bitfile? I think there's a possibility that when you open the FPGA VI reference, the bitfile resets and messes up the scan engine.

Do you get any sort of error indications when looking at the remote front panel? If not, could you add some error indicators, or try logging errors to a file, for the part of your code pertaining to the 9870?

Daniel C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(2,327 Views)