From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8753 Instrument Driver

I am trying to use the hp8753 vi's in labview 7.1.  in particular, i am trying to use the module "collect and display data.vi".
this vi crashes in a "time out" error when one selects "raw data array 2" "raw data array 3" or "raw data array 4."
I debugged it and somehow when either OUTPRAW2;OUTPRAW3; or OUTPRAW4 is sent over GPIBwrite.  Ironically "raw data array1" which uses OUTPRAW1 works fine.
any suggestions?  i dont know how to increase the time out time.

Bryan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,458 Views)
You can increase the timeout in the block diagram of the Initialize VI.  It is set to 30 seconds by default.  You should call Initialize before calling any other VIs.  You can experiment with increasing the timeout as it may take the instrument longer to return the additional raw data arrays.

It might also be possible that your particular instrument model does not support these additional raw data arrays.  I recommend that you check the manual for your model for the OUTPUTRAW command to ensure it is supported.  You can also try upgrading to the latest firmware for your instrument as a last resort.

Message Edited by Jason Hobbs on 07-08-2005 10:24 AM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,446 Views)