Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

82351a with labwindows cvi

Hello,

I am trying to use Labwindows CVI 2013 with a GPIB card, Agilent 82351a and it can't talk with a GPIB instrument connected to the GPIB card.

NI-MAX can see the 82351a card but I can't use this card to talk with an instrument.

I installed Labwindows CVI with NI-VISA 5.4, AGILENT IO suite 16.3 with Agilent Visa a secondary VISA.

With NI-MAX, in the options VISA, I enable "Passport for Tulip" and with Agilent Connexion Expert, I tried to enable '"programs Agilent GPIB cards for 488" but it reboots the PC and the option remains not validated.

I wan't to know if this Agilent 82351a card can work with Labwindows CVI 2013.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,096 Views)

Hello Benjamen,

According the readme file for NI VISA driver, you can use Agilent hardware with these steps :

"Agilent/HP Controller Support

NI-VISA now works with Agilent/HP GPIB and VXI controller cards. To use this feature, go into MAX, select Tools»NI-VISA»VISA Options, choose the Passports tab, and enable the NiVisaTulip.dll Passport. NI-VISA automatically finds and accesses any GPIB or VXI devices. However, NI-VISA does not configure the Agilent/HP hardware; you still must do that with the Agilent/HP I/O Config utility.

If you have both National Instruments and Agilent/HP controllers in the same system, you must configure the cards at different system addresses, such as GPIB0 and GPIB1. If both vendors try to use the same interface address, NI-VISA reports an error from viFindRsrc or VISA Find Resources."

Aslo be sure to use the last VISA version which is the 5.4.1

Thanks

Paolo_P
Certified TestStand Architect
Certified LabVIEW Architect
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,055 Views)