From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

34925A single bank operation

34925A module consists of two individual banks of 40 channels (one wire mode) each. I intend to use the module as a single bank of 80 channels (one wire mode). The module's user manual provides these directions:

1. Connect through analog bus relays.

OR

2. Use external wiring.

I wish to know if someone has knowledge regarding how to achieve any of the above mentioned techniques so as to use module as single bank of 80 channels (one wire mode).

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,848 Views)
Is this http://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/34925A-MUX-bank-switching-avoidance-during-60... you with a different user name? In any case, you should be asking Keysight but provide information on whether you want to use the internal meter/analog bus or switch to an external device.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,842 Views)

Or, as I said in another thread, just use a USB-6225 (80 analog inputs with one simple DAQmx task, and it will sample faster too).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,833 Views)

No we are working on this system together. I have tried keysight's website. Unfortunately their website refers me to local help which has been of no use. 

We are using the built in DMM in the AG34980 mainframe. The problem is how to use external wiring? Connect which pins on both banks together to configure both banks as one? Or how to connect through analog bus? No information is provided in user manual

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,811 Views)

I have used this NI system too. I am not asking for alternae solutions. I am wondering if someone has experience with this particular DAQ (A34980). Anyways, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,810 Views)

@lordgty wrote:

No we are working on this system together. I have tried keysight's website. Unfortunately their website refers me to local help which has been of no use. 

We are using the built in DMM in the AG34980 mainframe. The problem is how to use external wiring? Connect which pins on both banks together to configure both banks as one? Or how to connect through analog bus? No information is provided in user manual

Call Keysight.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,801 Views)