Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1074106671 error from niDCPower initialize for PXI-4130 SMU

I am getting a -1074118613 (Internal Error) when I run "niDCPower Initialize with Channels.vi". I am talking to a PXI-4130 SUM on a 1044 PXI chassis. I have re-installed the niDCPower drivers (v1.4) from version DS1 CDs. I have checked that all dlls and other software was installed per the readme. I still get the error. The PXI-4130 shows up in NI MAX but returns the same error under self test. Any ideas out there??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,517 Views)

Hi Steve,

We have an open service request and I saw this post so I thought I’d post our current troubleshooting steps for the benefit of the community. NI-DCPower shares some components with DAQmx so hopefully a reinstallation of DAQmx will fix whatever component is returning this error. Let me what happens.

Matt
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,478 Views)

I got problems after replacing the older niDCPower initialize.vi with the newer niDCPower initialize with Channels.vi

What could be the promlem?

Error number is  -1074118650 ( Requested operation cannot be performed unless session is running)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,198 Views)

Hello LTE,

This error can be commonly seen when the controller does not have enough Ram for buffering and other purposes.  Hopefully the last paragraph in the following link will help you out.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/BE4C823E0EF1E543862571F7006FFAAC?OpenDocument 

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,179 Views)

Can not open the link.

Got an error that i am not authorized to open the document.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,162 Views)

Hello!

Here is the information referred to in the previous post: 

Reason 2

If you are receiving error -1074118650 with a later version of NI-DMM and the fuse is not blown, this error can be the result of low RAM.  NI-DMM recommends a minimum of 128 MB of RAM, and while the computer/controller can run a Soft Front Panel off of 128 MB, nothing else can be running in the backround. It is recommended that the computer/controller have at least 256 MB of RAM.  However, even with 256 MB, this error can still be thrown if too much physical memory is being used.

Please let us know if this helps!

Will Hilzinger | Switch Product Support Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,149 Views)