Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-1073807343 ERROR NI VISA write in

NI VISA driver was working fine until I installed a Tektronix driver  .It threw the following error from then on

"1073807343 ERROR NI VISA write in"

So I uninstalled the NI VISA driver to install the new version with the bug fixes .

But I was not able to install the newer version NI VISA 14.0.1 as throws the following error

"

Unsupported version of NI-VISA detected

A version of NI-VISA that is not supported on this operating system has been detected. You must cancel this installation and uninstall the older version before continuing. Visit ni.com/info and enter the Info Code CleanVista for more information."

But I have uninstalled the older version already . How do I fix it ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,568 Views)
I'm not totally sure what you have done. What Tek driver did you install? Why did you uninstall the previous version of NI-VISA? Typically, you just install the newer version. The old is automatically overwritten. What is your os? Did you follow the instruction about the info code? I suspect that all of this has left you with some garbage in the registry that may have to be manually cleaned up.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,561 Views)

I installed Tek Driver for an Oscilloscope for Labview  .I uninstalled NI VISA (older version ) , because when I tried to instal the new version , it sent an error message to uninstall older version as it is preventing the installation of new version . OS-Windows 7

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,555 Views)

Which registry should I clean up ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,551 Views)

I'm wondering if the driver installed the Tektronix VISA.  You should uninstall that before installing the latest version of NI VISA.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 7
(5,549 Views)
Depends on the driver. A LabVIEW or IVI driver from NI won't do this. Something from Tek could have but the poster has not said exactly what he installed or what the previous version of NI-VISA was.

The registry is the Windows registry and before you start mucking around in that, do a backup.
Message 6 of 7
(5,538 Views)

Cleared them manually and it works .Thanks !

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,456 Views)