From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1073807202 error in Keithley 2401 SMU

Every one.

I am using Labview 2012. I am trying to interface Keithley 2401 SMU with laptop via Keithley-GPIB KUSB 488B. When I am trying to run the program, it is indicating error 1073807202. I have reinstalled all the labview software, NI-VISA (latest), drivers and 2401 library files, but the problem remain as the same.

Can any one hepl me. I need to fix this problem as soon as possible as I need this for my research purpose.

Also can u suggest me the SOP (Standard operating procedure) sequence for installing labview, NI-VISA and instrument driver.

Thanking you

Avishek Das

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,019 Views)
The error is probably due to your use of a Keithley controller instead of one from NI. Have you checked with them about using their hardware? How does the controller show up in MAX?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,010 Views)

Have you solved the problem? I use the same keithley 2401-kusb-488b with the same error. I can;t run any of the VIs.  Have you tried with rs232?  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,992 Views)

Hello,

I have the same error code. Could you solve it? Please can you help me?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,207 Views)

Hey Everyone,

Since we are working with a GPIB based instrument, you are also required to install NI 488.2 drivers. This is different from NI VISA driver.

Another major cause of this issue if the VISA driver gets corrupted during installation.

Please refer to the Knowledge base article mentioned below for detailed description on install instructions of VISA drivers.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/10C6C0FBB8E7BD4486257850006CE8FF

Also, another issue that was reported on similar lines is mentioned in this forum post

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/Error-1073807202-Missing-Code-Library-in-VISA...

Thanks & Regards,

Raghunandan N V

AE - NI India

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,190 Views)