Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invertek drive modbus communication

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi kees

In manual i found this.

"Note: The actual start address of register 6 is 5. All data in [ ] is in 8 bits Hex format."

So for the register 7 (frequency output) I must use 6 instead the 7 that I kill my day try understanding output data.

Will see tomorrow with 6 instead 7.

Best regards

cpalka

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 24
(2,778 Views)

Hi,

Yes that is always confusing.

At DCS (control system) 'they'  use command 4 to read address 1 the notation is 40001

At ModBus this is command 3 address 0

Your list starts at 1 and it is normal that ModBus addressing starts at 0.

Kees

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 24
(2,775 Views)

Hi Kees

Finally it works!

But seems something is wrong

Seems that use the substring 1st bit until 256

So my code reads roght readings until 25.6 Hz after that gos 0.

64B9 - 10.0Hz  (converting 64 to decimal gives 100)

C8B9  - 20Hz  so C8 is 200 in decimal

2CB8  - 30Hz (now I have in my program 4.4Hz (shoul be 44 converting 2C) but why can't get 300 for 30.0Hz???

There should be about 256 bits but I could not understand I used a 16 bits convert but always gives 0

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 24
(2,772 Views)

Hi,

I don't understand your 256 bits. One register is 16 bits. You can ask for 16 registers to get 25 bits of data.

the 64B9, C8B9 and 2CB8 are 2 bytes but I think the last byte is the first byte of the CRC. The byte with 0 before the 64 is the high byte of the register.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 24
(2,768 Views)

Hi Kees

You are always right.

What a mistake about the substring

No I can get the right substring and get values over 256 (25.6Hz)

Thanks a lot

A let last version for other user that can use it.

Now As I now read register I will try write registers (as start/stop and change frequency)

Best regards

cpalka

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 24
(2,766 Views)

Hi Kees

I make a new version and now I can start, stop, and 3rd option to write or read string, depends the data writed.

1- Do you know a better way to put start/stop sparetly 

2- a frequency adjuster (here the dificult is to calculate crc for each frequency adjusted.

3- all reader paramters (frequency and torq) always reading

My example works with only a case structure (start, stop, write or read string)

Best 

cpalka

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 24
(2,764 Views)

Hi,

1- Use an event structure for all (user)events

2- attached my CRC calc. Input is just text like 0108008844 output is a Data string displayed in Hex with CRC like  0108 0088 447D 93

I think you have to learn some LabVIEW basics. There are enough examples, books and other learning option on the internet.

To help you with a complete application would cost me too much time which I don't have. 

Always there to help with specific questions.

Kees

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 24
(2,755 Views)

Hi Kees

You are no the 1st person that tell me this,

I am a civil engineer, and I am working in a researching lab, and here we need to do everything, laboratory tests, developt new equipement, programm it (always different, sometimes with NI DAQs, somtimes with arduinos, sometimes with datatakers, now with drives). I do it (improve the equiperments) because i love electronics and i now that will give reacher results with our equipements. And manufacturs for example from invertek drives they give informations as we are a advanced programmer or buying a licence to the software control the drive???? The machine that has the drive cost a lots of money and was made with our ideas because if you buy a industrial machine normally is closed to changes and in research closed softwares or machines is no aceptable. researching is doind what was never done before, so we need to improvise many times.

tomorrow I will test your example

Thanks for supporting and once again be patient.

Best regards

cpalka

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 24
(2,749 Views)

Hi  Kees

Seems not calculate right, please test the strings below if you get for the first 640B and secound 05C8

0103 0006 0001         640B 

0103 0008 0001          05C8 

CPalka

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 24
(2,748 Views)

Hi Kees

You think the example here in modbus works with my drive?

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/MODBUS-RTU-multiple-write-amp-read-NI-VISA/td...

Please see last post, I could not understand where I input the registers numbers

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 24
(2,747 Views)