From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I connect LabView with a PLC S7-300?

Hi to everyone!I want to build a 3 floor elevator simulation construction for a paper of mine.The plan is to be build like this.

pc->labview->modbus->rs232 converter->plc->elevator construction

I want to control the elevator from labview.Is there something wrong to the order?Do i miss something?Any information and links about same projects will be pracious,because it's the first time that i mess with all this stuff :-).Thank you all
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 42
(12,813 Views)
Hey Eu.gian,

Referring to the Connect LabVIEW to Any Industrial Network and PLC will be a good starter.

Hopefully this helps!!
Aashish M
CEO
TransferFi
www.transferfi.com
Message 32 of 42
(12,797 Views)

I have Siemens PLC S7-300 connected to PC with ethernet. I want to communicate PLC with LABVIEW 7. I heard that for ethernet i don't need OPC.  How i can make GUI to control PLC and tag PLC I/Os.

--Vishnu

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 42
(12,238 Views)

Hey Vishnu,

I believe the other communication protocol is Modbus I/O servers. But the PLCs will have to be compatible with Modbus calls.

Are you planning to use Modbus??

Aashish M
CEO
TransferFi
www.transferfi.com
Message 34 of 42
(12,217 Views)

Hi Aashish,

I am using Seimens PLC S7-300. I want to use profibus protocal.     In my application PC is connected to PLC with ethernet. I want to use LABVIEW 7.0 in place of scada software. I came to know that Labview can be used as SCADA but don't know how to use it. I want to know i can use it.

Message 35 of 42
(12,187 Views)

Hey Vishnu,

The Siemens PLC S7-300 is supported by the NI OPC servers. Using the NI OPC servers in combination with the LabVIEW DSC module will probably the best way to interact with your PLC. You'd want to refer to the above linked document Connect LabVIEW to Any Industrial Network and PLC.

For Profibus communication the first place to get more information will be in Additional Information on the NI PROFIBUS Interface.  This provides some basic information to get you started.

Aashish M
CEO
TransferFi
www.transferfi.com
Message 36 of 42
(12,160 Views)

PLC S7-300 CPU 313C

1)
Conditions:

Total 5 inputs:

1) Liquid Temperature
2) Room Temperature
3) Top of the Bioreactor(Warm Temperature)
4) Bottom of the Bioreactor(Cold Temperature)
5) The Given Temperature from the Keyboard

Note: First 4 temeperatures are connected to the inputs of PLC.

Total 5 Outputs:

1) IN A
2) IN B
3) ENABLE A
4) ENABLE B
5) Fix Temperature

Note: 1)When the top of the Bioreactor crosses the limit of temperature i.e. 64 degree celcius, motor must turn on off or start rotating in the opposite direction. Remember, Bioreactor is connected to motor.

2) When the bottom of bioreactor is less than 10 degree celcius, motor must turn on or start rotating in the right direction.

Note: Motor is connected to the output of PLC.

Dear friends,

Please, develop the PLC program to control the various temperatures in the above conditions.

2) There are four temperatures i.e. liquid temperature, room temperature, warm temperature and cold temperature which you feed to input of PLC. Okay now, you need to get the PWM signal and peltier temperatures ranging from 10 degree celcius to 68 celcius. Keep in mind that you have also connected two relays i.e Solid state relay and mechanical relay to PLC and PE respectively.
Dear friends, Let´s develop the program. If you are successful, you are highly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 42
(11,040 Views)

Hola q tal, hay una aplicación .EXE realizada en CVI 6.0 q se conecta al PLC SIEMENS S7-300, mediante el software OPC Server,

ahora se reemplazó esta aplicación por una interfaz q carga una DLL (desarrollada con CVI 8.5.1), pero no puedo establecer comunicación con el OPC...

desonozco si sea problema de alguna configuración del OPC Server...

alguien tiene alguna idea ?

Salu2

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 42
(8,563 Views)

Hi Aashish_M

I want labview connect PLC s7-300by the NI opc servers, Now,i have opc server,labview ,DSC Moudle, Did i need any other software ?

other,which area of PLC can opc server connect?  M 、 Q or any of the area ?

Thanks,best regards.Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 42
(5,592 Views)

Hi,

I am willing to connect LabVIEW to Siemens s7-300 via NI OPC Servers.

I have following things:-

NI LabVIEW

NI OPC Servers

NI DSC Module

Simatic S7 Manager

Siemens S7-300 connected my PC via MPI.

I am unable to interface NI OPC server with my PLC.

Please let me know how to proceed.

Thankyou!

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 42
(5,272 Views)